Monday, January 9, 2012

Call 'em Out 2012!!!


Engrossed in editing a short story this week, so this'll be a short post. I haven't reached 15,000 tweets yet, but after some of the stupidity that we blah voters have been subjected to over the past couple of weeks, I wanted to point out some instances where blah people really took the fight back to candidates who seem hell bent on disrespect.

Exhibit A: African American Woman Calls Santorum on His Bullsh*t


From ThinkProgress:
WOMAN: Mr. Santorum, why do you have a problem against black people? We are the only ones who need aid? The statistics show that it’s not the popularity [sic] that’s the most needy.
SANTORUM: I didn’t say that. I understand that.
WOMAN: OK, then why’d you say that?
SANTORUM: OK, we gotta go. I didn’t say that.
Uh huh.

Exhibit B: African American Man Calls Out Newt Gingrich on His Bullsh*t

From NewsOne:
Yvan Lamothe, an African-American man, addressed Newt Gingrich‘s comments on African Americans, the NAACP and food stamps at a recent town hall meeting in New Hampshire
"My point is, about a week ago -- some time ago -- you mentioned that black people should be able to earn a paycheck, not be on welfare, implying that black people in general are on welfare, And I really took exception to that because it demeans my accomplishments, my hard work, because I have worked all my life. I have never been on welfare. You know about history. You know that back in the 1930s, Hitler started talking in Germany about a Jewish problem. My question to you is, do you think that blacks represent an American problem, and if you don't think that, will you stop using blacks in general as a stepping stone or a punching bag?"
Newt's response to this man's outrage at his obviously racist and classist statements:
I didn’t say that. I just want to say that frankly this makes me very irritated. The Democratic National Committee took totally out of context half of the sentence, OK? I mean clearly somebody who’s served with Colin Powell, who has served with Condoleezza Rice, I have a fairly good sense of the fact that African Americans have many contributions to America.
 AKA, the "One of my best friends is black/I know black people" derailment tactic. A classic one, at that.

Exhibit C: Michael Steele (Allegedly) Told GOP Candidates to STFU!

No news story on that yet, but one can always count on Elon James White to deliver the goods:

 Is sh*t getting real, or is this just a momentary spike in anger? It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the polls, even though we know that none of US are gonna vote for these fools anyway. Maybe someone should make a Sh*t Politicians Say spoof...meanwhile I'll just watch my favorite one of those spoof videos and hope that these guys just disappear or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment